TIA Going Online with GTE/SEMA Show Events
BOWIE, Md. – The Tire Industry Association (TIA) is going online with its Annual Membership Meeting, Tire Industry Honors and educational sessions that originally were planned for this fall’s Global Tire Expo (GTE)/SEMA Show.
Not only will these events now happen as Zoom events, but they will be held mostly on the same days they were scheduled had the in-person 2020 GTE/SEMA Show taken place.
“We’re excited to transition to this new platform and provide our members and the industry the opportunity to take part online in these important TIA events,” said TIA CEO Roy Littlefield. “We had more than 1,000 people pre-registered for the educational sessions alone at GTE/SEMA. I’m pleased we have found a way to allow those interested in our events to still attend them.”
Following is the schedule for TIA’s GTE/SEMA Show Zoom events. All times are EST.
- Annual Membership Meeting, Tuesday, Oct. 27, 3:00 p.m., including the installation of the new TIA president and recognition of incoming and outgoing board members; and
- Tire Industry Honors, Monday, Nov. 2, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m., including speeches by the incoming and outgoing TIA presidents and announcements of tire trade publication award winners and Michelin/TIA scholarship winners.
TIA’s educational Zoom sessions will include:
Tuesday, Nov. 3
- A Decade of CSA, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.;
- Vehicle Lifting Safety, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.; and
- Successful Tire Dealers Share Their Secrets, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 4
- Minimizing Risk When Servicing Truck Tires, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.; and
- Correcting Ride Complaints, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
More details including registration will be provided in the coming weeks.
For more information, contact Lakisha Pindell at firstname.lastname@example.org.