TIA To Host 100th Anniversary Events at The Cosmopolitan Hotel; Registration Opens for Pre-Show Events Including Gala Celebration
BOWIE, Md. – After postponing its 100th anniversary festivities in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Tire Industry Association is moving full speed ahead with plans to celebrate its centennial this fall during the 2021 Global Tire Expo (GTE)/SEMA Show Nov. 2-5 in Las Vegas.
TIA has opened registration for the 100th anniversary celebration and other pre-show events and announced its educational lineup for GTE. Registration also has begun for TIA’s host hotel at GTE, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, which will serve as the venue for the Association’s spectacular 100th Anniversary Gala Celebration on Monday evening Nov. 1.
The centennial festivities will begin with a cocktail reception and heavy hors d’oeuvres, followed by a program recalling the association’s iconic history, speeches by TIA’s leadership, an address by Rocky Bleier, former NFL Super Bowl champion and decorated Vietnam war veteran, sponsored by Goodyear, and entertainment sponsored by Bridgestone Tire Americas Inc.
Other pre-show activities include a TopGolf Challenge TIA Government Affairs Benefit on Sunday, Oct. 31, followed by TIA’s Annual Membership Meeting and Tire Industry Honors Luncheon on Monday, Nov. 1. The back-to-back membership meeting and honors luncheon will feature the installation of the 2021-22 TIA Board president, Tire Industry Hall of Fame inductions, announcement of the Michelin/TIA scholarship winners, awards presentations by tire industry trade publications and recognition of the state Leadership Achievement Award winner.
“It is exciting to finally be able to celebrate TIA’s memorable 100-year history and to gather the extended TIA family at the Global Tire Expo and SEMA Show,” TIA CEO Roy Littlefield, said. “We look forward to celebrating with TIA members and friends as we toast the past and celebrate the future. In addition, we especially are grateful for the support of Bridgestone, Goodyear and all of the other generous sponsors who are helping make all of this possible.”
TIA’s pre-show event lineup includes:
- Sunday, Oct. 31, TopGolf, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., 4627 Koval Lane, Las Vegas (walking distrance from The Cosmopolitan), ticketed event, $150 per person;
- Monday, Nov. 1, TIA Annual Membership Meeting, 10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m., followed by the Tire Industry Honors Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., The Cosmopolitan, complimentary ticketed event; and
- Monday, Nov. 1, 100th Anniversary Celebration Reception & Program, Reception 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.; Anniversary Program, 7:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m., The Cosmopolitan, tickets $25 per person.
TIA also will offer four additional educational sessions and a press conference at the Las Vegas Convention Center during GTE/SEMA. They include:
- Tuesday, Nov. 2: Automotive at 10: Top 10 Tips for Technicians, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.; Truck Tires at 10: Road Service Safety, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.; and Tires at 2: Successful Tire Dealers Share Their Secrets, 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.;
- Wednesday, Nov. 3: Automotive at 10: Preventing Ride Complaints, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.; Truck Tires at 10: Impact Wrench Technology, 10:00 a.m. – 11: a.m.; and
- Wednesday, Nov. 3, TIA Press Conference, 11:10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., TIA Booth No. 40066.
Hotel rates in the TIA room block at The Cosmopolitan are:
- Friday and Saturday, Oct. 29-30: $299
- Sunday -Thursday, Oct. 31 - Nov. 4: $269
- Friday, Nov. 5: $299
The room rates do not include a discounted daily resort fee of $39.00 per day plus tax (normally $45/day plus tax), which will be collected upon check-in. The resort fee covers in-room Wi-Fi, local and 800-number calls, a 24-hour fitness center, tennis court access (based upon availability) and a daily drawing for dinner for two in the hotel restaurant. Those taking 10+ rooms are eligible for a 10% discount on meeting room rental and audio visual or one upgrade to a Terrace 1 Bedroom Suite.
To reserve a room at The Cosmopolitan with TIA’s room block rate, please visit: https://compass.onpeak.com/e/71CAR21/in/category/32510.
To register for TIA’s pre-show events, please visit: https://www.tireindustry.org/sites/default/files/documents/GTE21_Sched_5.21A.pdf.
Sponsorship opportunities also are available. Contact LaKisha Pindell at email@example.com or visit https://www.tireindustry.org/sites/default/files/documents/TIA_GTESponsor5.12.21.pdf.