TIA to Offer Six Educational Sessions at GTE/SEMA
BOWIE, Md. – The Tire Industry Association (TIA) will conduct six educational sessions during this fall’s Global Tire Expo (GTE) – Powered by TIA/SEMA Show in Las Vegas including one on “How to Investigate an Accident.”
The GTE/SEMA Show takes place Nov. 1-4 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas. TIA’s pre-show events include a TopGolf – Government Affairs Benefit on Sunday, Oct. 30 from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., and its Annual Membership Meeting and Press Conference on Monday Oct. 31, from 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. at Bally’s of Las Vegas Hotel and Casino.
On Monday evening, TIA will host the Tire Industry Honors Cocktail Reception from 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. at Bally’s followed by the Tire Industry Honors Awards Ceremony from 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. The Honors program includes the inductions of four new members into the Tire Industry Hall of Fame.
Monday’s events are complimentary, but reservations are required. For more information about TIA’s pre-show events and to register, visit Schedule and Special Events Registration Form.
TIA’s educational program begins on Tuesday, Nov. 1, in the Upper South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center with three educations sessions, including two at 10:00 a.m. They include:
- “TPMS at 10: TPMS Activation Tool and Sensor Platforms,” 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., room S226. TIA Director of Automotive Tire Service Shawn Pease will moderate a panel of industry experts who will discuss how tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) activation tool technology can be used to ensure TPMS operation and make system relearns and sensor replacements a more streamlined process. Panelists include John Amato, director of training, Autel; Dennis Flanery, sales manager, North America, ATEQ TPMS Tools; Scot Holloway, CEO, Bartec U.S.A., L.L.C.; and John Rice, director of TPMS products and support, 31 Incorporated.
- “Truck Tires at 10: OSHA Compliance Training for Commercial Dealers,” room S227. Moderated by TIA Chief Technical Officer Kevin Rohlwing, the session features a panel of health and safety experts who will discuss the different types of instruction that is necessary, and when it must take place, when hiring a new employee or providing ongoing training for experienced technicians. Panelists include Russ Devens, director of safety and risk management, McCarthy Tire Service; Brandy Sielaff, director of human resources/safety, Commercial Tire; and T.J. Trum, general counsel, Pomp’s Tire Service Inc.
- “Tires at 2: Successful Tire Dealers Share Their Secrets,” 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., room S226. Moderated by Rohlwing, this session will feature the winners of Tire Business’ Tire Dealer Humanitarian Award and Tire Review’s Top Shop Award discussing what makes them successful and answering audience questions.
TIA’s Wednesday educational sessions include:
- “TPMS at 10: The State of TPMS Sensors,” 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., room S226. Moderated by Jose Moreno, TIA automotive tire service manager, panelists will share their thoughts on the current and future state of TPMS sensors. Panelists include Mark Becker, assistant general manager, Pacific Manufacturing Ohio, Inc.; Shivahn Fitzell, market segment leader, performance sensing, Sensata Technologies; Sean Lannoo, technical training supervisor, Continental; Enri Osmani, vice president, Hamaton USA; and Brian Rigney, president, Dill Air Controls.
- “Truck Tires at 10: Jacking and Lifting Safety,” 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., room S227, featuring Rohlwing as the speaker. This session will discuss the equipment needed to safely secure the axles of commercial vehicles during service as well as the practices that must be followed to ensure the associated hazards are minimized.
“Management at 2: How to Investigate an Accident,” 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., room S226. Moderated by Rohlwing, this seminar will provide an up-close and personal look at what companies can expect when an accident results in serious/fatal injuries or property damage. Panelists include McCarthy Tire’s Devens, Commercial Tire’s Sielaff and Pomp’s Tire’s Trum.
For more information and questions about TIA’s GTE/SEMA Show Seminars and pre-show events, contact LaKisha Pindell at email@example.com.